BETA 4 provides user interface improvements, and addresses a few minor issues. It also extends the expiration date until October 1, 2020.
KymaConnect 2.0 is a major new version of KymaConnect. If you have used KymaConnect in the past you will find a number of new features. Improvements include:
- macOS 10.15 "Catalina" support.
- 64-bit operation
- Four additional external MIDI device slots, bringing the total number to eight.
- Enhanced MIDI routing, including selectable routing between external MIDI devices on a device-by-device basis.
- Additional MIDI filtering options.
- A new virtual MIDI port, Haken2Kyma, for dedicated use with the Haken Audio's Haken Editor.
- Support for IPv6 direct-to-Pacarana connections, and IPv6 local networks. This will reduce initial connection time in some situations.
- Designed for Kyma 7+, and can use the same Ethernet connection to the Paca(rana).
KymaConnect 2.0 is "Paca(rana)-only". KymaConnect 2.0 does not have any dedicated Capybara functions or capabilities. KymaConnect 2.0 is designed for the most recent versions of macOS; it requires macOS 10.14 (Mojave) or macOS 10.15 (Catalina).
The download is a ZIP file containing the macOS installer. The installer, and the KymaConnect application, have both been notarized by Apple, a requirement for installing on macOS Catalina.
We also recommend that you verify that the installer is authentic before using. See Q&A: How do I verify that the KymaConnect 2 installer is authentic? You can also download a PDF containing the same information from How To Verify The KymaConnect 2 BETA Installer
You must have a valid KymaConnect 1.0 license to use the KymaConnect 2.0 BETA. If you already have KymaConnect, version 1.0, installed on your Mac KymaConnect 2.0 BETA will recognize that license; you should not need to re-enter your license. If you are installing on a Mac that does not have KymaConnect version 1.0 installed then you will need the license key you received with your original KymaConnect order.
Note that BETA releases are time-limited. The deadline is shown at the top of the KymaConnect preference pane. The most recent BETA can be download from here.
This BETA replaces the original KymaConnect 1.0. If you wish to revert to using KymaConnect 1.0 you will have to reinstall it.
KymaConnect 2.0’s logging support has changed from KymaConnect 1. Do not change the logging level from “Minimal” unless instructed! The "Minimal" setting has low impact on KymaConnect 2.0 performance. Higher levels increase processor load and may introduce latency.
Bug reports, technical support questions, comments about KymaConnect 2, and suggestions should be posted to the Kyma 7 Community Tips & Techniques forum, topic "KymaConnect 2 BETA Support"; do not contact Delora Software support with BETA-related issues. We will announce new BETA releases by updating the Announcements forum topic: Kyma Connect 2.0 BETA. Subscribe to that forum topic to receive notifications about the KymaConnect 2 BETA, including when new versions are available. You can also subscribe to this library entry to receive notifications when a new version is available.
Read this first: How To Verify The KymaConnect 2 BETA Installer
- Download the KymaConnect ZIP file
- Double click on the ZIP file to decompress it
- Double click on the installer file KymaConnect_BETA_200_4.pkg, and follow the installer prompts.
- After the installer is finished you will find the user guide in /Applications/KymaConnect2. The guide contains further instructions to set up and begin using KymaConnect 2
Version 2.0.0 (build 200.4), 2020-07-24 UI improvements and bug fixes - see release notes for details.
Version 2.0.0 (build 200.3), 2020-05-21 Fixed issue that prevented connections when the Ethernet port was configured with the network port set with either IP4, or IPv6 disabled.
Version 2.0.0 (build 200.2), 2020-05-02 MIDI Time Code bug fix.
Version 2.0.0 (build 200.1), 2020-04-22 Initial BETA release.
|Post all questions, bug reports, and comments on the Kyma 7 Forum||1||Delora Software||3 months ago|
|little 'm' is flashing, but no audio signal with midi keyboard; iPad works great!||1||Stephen Taylor||3 months ago|