Home Forums Confabulation "I’ve ever heard anything quite like the creature sounds that we created…"

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    SSC
    Keymaster

Behind the Scary Sounds of Blair Witch, Andy Hay’s interview with A Sound Effect.

On sound design, what were some particular sounds or scenes that stood out for you on Blair Witch? How did you create those sounds?

I wish Jeff [Pitts] was here to help answer this question, but he’s in Japan at the moment recording sounds for our next project with Adam (namely, Death Note). I think the obvious answer would be the sound of the creature. This was made in Symbolic Sound’s Kyma sound design software, using a variety of sound sources which are largely about experimentation. I’m happy to say I don’t think I’ve ever heard anything quite like the creature sounds that we created and I think that really stands out in the film.

kymaguy
      Participant

Nice, I need to watch this, chances are good he used some of the stuff I shared with him when doing the coaching 🙂

Jeffrey Pitts
        Participant

Hi everyone.  Yes 🙂 I used the tau editor mostly for it.  It was a sit back and go wow moment when I got that sound I was after. Thanks for making this tool and thanks gustav for helping me get up to speed with using it 🙂 (I still don’t know what Im doing half the time lol.  What is it they say? Confusion is much more lucid than knowing.)

– jeff pitts

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.