Home Forums Confabulation KISS 2016 @ DMU.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    CharlieNorton
    Participant

Wow. 

I just want to say a huge thanks to Craig Vear, Simon Smith, Carla, and Kurt for being such wonderful hosts for the KISS this year. It was such a great experience to hear the variety of perspectives, sounds, performances,  and philosophy from everyone involved.  I was so inspired by the warmth and openness of the proceedings.

My head is so full of interacting and colliding ideas, my only regret is being unable to attend to final day. (duty calls)

It was so wonderful to be given the opportunity to speak, it was such a whirlwind experience I will never forget the event: it was everything I hoped and more.

Here is a very very short list of some of the amazing things I heard and witnessed, these moments really stirred something within me. (it feels mean to list anything, in any order)

• Everything that Carla said.
      • Pete ‘Analysis’ Johnston. Circles.
      • Malcom Braff : Euclidean Master. The diagrams have fundamentally changed my perspective on rhythm.
      • Anne La Berge : The pied piper. Anne conjured up the most splendidly entertaining, awesome, terrifying, disturbing, cleansing, and brilliant performance.
      • I could go on; the poetry, analysis, river of islands,  gestures, amazing visuals, a unique understanding and appreciation of Flies, Christian & Gustav, augmented instruments,  and all the other inspiring and brilliant Kyma people from all over the place.

Thanks again to everyone involved, including all the DMU Staff.

See you next year.

Charlie Norton.

Simon Smith
      Participant

Thanks so much Charlie, thoroughly enjoyed you talk too hope to see you soon. Best. S

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.