Home Forums Tips & Techniques Ultrasonic Samples in Kyma

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Tom Tolleson
    Participant

Hello,

I searched the forum for “ultrasound” but was unable to find anything so I thought I’d post here.

I have some recordings made with a dodotronic 200 ultrasonic microphone:

Ultramic

The recordings are 200k so my standard DAW won’t read them so I’d like to work with these with my Kyma system. Has anyone worked with ultrasonic recordings in Kyma and can provide some best practices? I’m happy to upload the samples too (mostly bowed vibraphone (not a full chromatic set and other chime sounds).

Any input is greatly appreciated.

thanks,

Tom

Aaron Zimmermann
      Participant

I’d be very interested in experimenting with playback through Kyma if you want to upload any samples – but the I/O I’m using for my paca is only a focusrite saffire pro 14 so I think i’d only be able to play back at a max sample rate of 96k.

my computer audio I/O can play back up to 192k though — have you had any luck with offline (as in, not real-time) tools like sox or cdp? I’d imagine there would be options in cdp to pitch an ultrasonic recording down to within nyquist of a more reasonable sample rate and resample it.

these are just ideas off the top of my head. If you want to share any ultrasonic audio though, i’d be happy help see what we can see!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.