Please use the following procedure for starting up:
- If not already running, start up your computer (but leave the Paca(rana) OFF).
- Turn on Kyma’s audio interface and wait for it to complete its start-up sequence.
- Power up the Paca(rana) by lightly touching the front panel strip.
- Wait for the Paca(rana) to display its main menu.
- Start up Kyma.
We recommend that you keep the Paca(rana) powered down when you are not using it.
Please use the following procedure for shutting down:
- Quit Kyma.
- If the front panel is showing the ‘drunken butterfly’, shoo it away first by touching the front panel strip.
- Power down the Paca(rana) by lightly touching and holding for 3 seconds the circle on its front panel strip.
- Wait for the Paca(rana) to fully power down (the quote is displayed and the fan turns off).
- Turn off the audio interface.
- Shut down your computer if you want to.
You can ask Kyma to automatically power off the Paca(rana) whenever you quit Kyma: choose Preferences from the Edit menu, click the Miscellaneous button and choose Yes for the Power Off Prompt at File|Quit option.